Medical Assistant Job in Seaford, Delaware : DE 19973
Looking for Medical Assistant Jobs? See currently available Medical Assistant job openings on medical-assistant.jobs.net . Browse the current listings and fill out job applications.
medical-assistant.jobs.net is the starting point for a job search in any medical assistant job . We provide job resources for Medical Assistant positions throughout the industry. medical-assistant.jobs.net also provides Medical Assistant jobs listings from around the United States. Job seekers can search and apply for jobs in Medical Assistant by either city or state.
medical-assistant.jobs.net is a medical assistant job search resource for job seekers. Here you can easily find all Medical Assistant jobs, post a resume, and research your career.
Get started on your medical assistant job search on medical-assistant.jobs.net today.
Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant
Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant Job Description
ASK ABOUT BONUS OPPORTUNITIES!!!
The Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant ('COTA') for Brighton Rehabilitation ('Brighton') is responsible for providing quality Occupational Therapy services to patients and contract facilities to include treatment, provision of education, appropriate documentation, and patient/family communication for the purpose of assisting the patients achieve optimal functional level and quality of life in an interdisciplinary rehabilitation setting. This position reports directly to the Director or Rehabilitation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Quality Patient Care
- Provide Quality Patient Care
- Participate in screening individuals in compliance with policy and procedure.
- Ensure plan of treatment is developed and initiated by the attending Occupational Therapist.
- Obtain and communicate the appropriate data necessary for the attending Occupational Therapist to engage in treatment planning and the development of appropriate goals.
- Maintain documentation according to Brighton's policy and procedure for content and timeliness.Respond pro-actively to the needs of the assigned facilities/entities.
- Administer individual or group therapy services as outlined in the treatment plan and approved by the attending Occupational Therapist.
- As directed, supervise Occupational Therapy assistant students.
- Monitor the patient during all phases of treatment and supervise the use of specialized equipment.
- Provide specific training in the use, care and/or application of assistive or orthotic devices to patient, family or other department staff or team members as appropriate.
- Inform the family or other team members of the specific therapy program to ensure maximal carryover of training in preparation for discharge.
- Confer informally and formally, as appropriate, at family and team conferences with other team members in coordinating the total rehabilitative program of the patient.
- Establish individual patient schedules in conjunction with other team members.
- Record billable treatment times according to Brighton's procedures and submit required statistics to corporate office.
- Participate in FMP training, and discharge planning as appropriate.
- Complete progress reports on all patients and communicate to the attending Occupational Therapist.
- Ensure all Brighton's required documentation is completed, including the appropriate signatures, on all patients in a timely manner.
- As directed, assists in the orientation of Certified Occupational Therapy Assistants and Aides.
- Ensure continued professional development through participation in facility in-services and outside continuing education programs; shares knowledge and technical skills with other team members.
- Attend and participate in professional staff meetings and in-services; attend and participate in family and team conferences.
- As directed, participate in department program development projects.
- Assists in maintaining adequate levels of equipment and in maintaining the therapeutic area.
- Demonstrate initiative in assisting other staff members.
- Ensure documentation (700, 701, and weekly notes etc…) are filed in the medical record in a timely manner.
- Promote Brighton's mission, philosophy, goals and directives in a positive and appropriate manner.
- Perform other duties as required.
RECOMMENDED MINIMUM POSITION QUALIFICATIONS:
- Must have clinical background
- Must demonstrate professional competency as a general practitioner of Occupational Therapy related to the duties appropriate for an assistant level therapist
- Must be a graduate of an approved Occupational Therapy Assistant program
- Must have current certification as a Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant
- Must have a current state license, eligibility via temporary license, or be registered with the appropriate agencies
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Physical requirements for this position are classified as medium to heavy under the Department of Labor classification. The employee must be capable of exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally (less than 1/3 of the time), and/or 10 to 20 pounds of force frequently (1/2 of the time), and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly (2/3 or more of the time) to move objects, equipment, and or persons served. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, sit, stoop, kneel, bend or crouch, use hands to manipulate tools, equipment, or controls; reach with hands and arms, balance, lift, and perform medium to maximum transfer assists with persons served. The employee is required to have visual and hearing acuity sufficient enough to assess persons served safety and ability. The employee works inside the persons served rooms or clinic and is regularly exposed to bodily fluids.
The essential functions described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the basic functions of a COTA. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Seaford Medical Assistant Job