Medical Assistant Job in Columbia, South Carolina : SC 29209
Looking for Medical Assistant Jobs? See currently available Medical Assistant job openings on medical-assistant.jobs.net . Browse the current listings and fill out job applications.
medical-assistant.jobs.net is the starting point for a job search in any medical assistant job . We provide job resources for Medical Assistant positions throughout the industry. medical-assistant.jobs.net also provides Medical Assistant jobs listings from around the United States. Job seekers can search and apply for jobs in Medical Assistant by either city or state.
medical-assistant.jobs.net is a medical assistant job search resource for job seekers. Here you can easily find all Medical Assistant jobs, post a resume, and research your career.
Get started on your medical assistant job search on medical-assistant.jobs.net today.
Certified Medical Assistant
Certified Medical Assistant Job DescriptionOverview
Our Certified Medical Assistant is responsible for assisting in the delivery of patient care through the gathering of information during the clinical process under supervision of Registered Nurses. Assists all nurses with performing activities commensurate with his/her education and demonstrated competencies.
- Completed an accredited CMA course
- Minimum of one (1) year of clinical experience preferred
- Currently certified as a Medical Assistant in the State if certification is required by the State
- For states that do not require this position to be certified, a certification is not required
- Must be able to obtain and maintain CPR certification
- Consult with and is responsible to RN's and other staff as appropriate.
- Implements clinical and technical aspects of care in accordance with established policies and procedures. Intervenes with proper technique, procedures and safety precautions to meet individual needs of patient.
- Participates in gathering information on patient history.
- Verifies medications.
- Makes appropriate referrals for follow-up.
- Adhere to work the work schedule as designated by your supervisor to ensure continuity of care for the patient and maintenance of staffing matrix for the client.
- Respond to code, or patient crisis as set forth by the sites policy and procedure.
- Assists health care practitioner as assigned.
- Adhere to infection control techniques and principles.
- Provides for emotional and physical comfort and safety of patients.
- Assists in maintaining working areas, supplies, and equipment in good working order.
- Attends mandatory staff meetings/ training.
- Respects dignity and confidentiality of patients.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain security clearance.
- Must be able to apply principles of critical thinking to a variety of practical and emergent situations and accurately follow standardized procedures that may call for deviations.
- Must be able to apply sound judgment beyond a specific set of instructions and apply knowledge to different factual situations.
- Must be alert at all times; pay close attention to details.
- Must be able to work under stress on a regular or continuous basis.
- Post orders, if applicable, per site contract.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
CCS is an EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability Employer
Columbia Medical Assistant Job